GA P.A.T.H. [(P)roviding) (A)ccess T(o) the (H)alls] Program
Exposing minorities & women to careers in lobbying
This is a program for minorities and women interested in governmental affairs CAREERS ("lobbying") in the State of Georgia. This is specifically for those that do NOT want to run for office but those that want to ADVOCATE for a client or issue more than part time.
This is NOT a government sanctioned program or in any way connected to my legislative office. This is a PRIVATE, NON-PARTISAN program.
• Lawyers or law students that don't want to practice law
• Activists that don't want to run for office
• Activists that want to lobby more than part time
• Current elected officials who think they need a "refresher" or inquisitive
• Low presence of women and POC under the Gold Dome; largest black caucus; good number of women. The numbers don't add up.
• Lots of "run for office" programs and "advocate for your issue" programs but the GAP is here----not wanting to run for office but wanting to advocate more than part time.
• Exposure ("Day in the life of....")
• Opportunity ("What types of opportunities for lobbying are there?)
• Connecting (Relationships)
Georgia P.A.T.H. Program
Expose more adult women and minorities to careers in Georgia in Governmental Affairs or "lobbying"
· Duration: 7 months (October-April)
· Applications open: August 1st-August 31st, 2018
· Selection of Inaugural Class: By Sept. 12th
October-December: Every 2nd Tuesday from 6-9 pm; January-April: Every 2nd Saturday starting in January from 9:00-12 pm
For the 2019 Class
August 2018- Applications OPEN. *Stay tuned for a Mentor/Alumni "Meet & Greet" event
September 2018- The 2019 class chosen by the Advisory Board and chosen applicants notified
October 2018- Signed MOU and program fees dues
Mid October 2018-April 2019- The 2019 GA P.A.T.H. Program class
Creating Careers in Governmental Affairs
Your sponsorship goes to support an accepted class member, sponsor an event or contribute to the overall program of the GA P.A.T.H. Program.
Choose Your Payment Below:
Information from our last GA P.A.T.H. April 14th "Expo" Class
This was the last class for the Inaugural 2018 class and we had mentors and guests to join us to learn what we did over the last 7 months of the program.
Inaugural GA P.A.T.H. Program
Class of 2018 Graduates
Cassandra KirkSelection Committee Chair
John MossMentor Liaison
Kadedra CaldwellCurriculum Chair
Breka Tinch Curriculum Committee Member
Marlene Midgette Fosque, Social Butterfly
Roderick Cunningham, Sponsorship Chair
Richie Scales, Alumni Advocate
Solidad NicolsonEvent Coordinator
Pia ScottAdvisory Board Chair